On Feb. 22, the City of Wilsonville Tourism Promotion Committee awarded $25,000 in grants to support local tourism events and programs with funding from the City’s Community Tourism Grant Program.
Five local nonprofit organizations that sought a total of $30,000 were awarded grants to produce major community events during the 2017 summer season:
• Wilsonville Celebration Days for the Fun in the Park festival: $7,000
• Wilsonville Arts & Culture Council for the Wilsonville Festival of Arts: $5,000
• Wilsonville Brewfest: $5,000
• Wilsonville Kiwanis Club for the Kids Fun Run: $4,000
• Wilsonville Rotary Club for the Summer Concert Series: $4,000
Tourism Promotion Committee Chair Jeff Brown said, “The Tourism Promotion Committee is excited to be able to support these five different community events that attract not only local residents, but also draw visitors and tourists from outside of town and the region.”
The Tourism Grant Program is funded by City hotel/motel tax revenues to support events and programs that promote tourism and community activities that draw both overnight and daytime visitors, which helps to support local businesses.
For information about these grant awards and future funding opportunities, contact Brian Stevenson, Recreation Coordinator, at 503-570-1523; firstname.lastname@example.org.