Signs for Existing Buildings & Development

Understanding Wilsonville’s Sign Permit Process

Most properties in the city have signs pre-approved through a Master Sign Plan or other sign approval. For the majority of applications where a Master Sign Plan or other sign approval has been approved, the applicant need not consult the sign requirements for the zone, but rather the Master Sign Plan or other sign approval. Some of the most commonly requested Master Sign Plans are below. For copies of other Master Sign Plans or sign approvals, contact the Planning Division at 503-682-4960  or
Commonly Requested Master Sign Plans

  • Argyle Square:
    • 8675 through 8755 SW Robert Burns Drive
    • 8729, 8695, 8315 SW Jack Burns Boulevard
    • 25600, 25699, 25700 SW Argyle Avenue
    • 25529 and 25725 SW Gwen Drive
    • 25900, 25925, 25920 SW Heather Place
  • Fred Meyer Old Town Square:
    • 30020 through 30480 SW Boones Ferry Road (even addresses only)
  • Town Center Shopping Center:
    • 8229 through 8269 SW Wilsonville Road (odd addresses only)
    • 29756 and 29778 SW Town Center Loop West
    • 29702 SW Park Place
  • Village at Main Street:
    • 8309 through 8699 SW Main Street
    • 30500 SW Town Center Loop West
  • Wilsonville Road Business Park:
    • 9740 through 9940 SW Wilsonville Road (even addresses only)


Signs conforming to a master sign plan require only a Class I Sign Permit (staff review without public notice). The following items are required to submit for a Class I Sign Permit. Please submit 2 copies of the application form, drawings, and other supporting information:
  • Completed Application form
  • Required Application Fee:  $190
  • Sign drawings showing all materials, the sign area and dimensions used to calculate sign areas, and other details sufficient to judge the full scale of the associated sign or signs and related improvements
  • Information showing how the proposed sign or signs conform with all applicable Code requirements, Master Sign Plans, or other previous sign approvals for the property

For more information about submitting a Sign Permit application along with a building and electrical permits, return to Signs.

What if the proposed sign doesn't conform with a Master Sign Permit or other previous sign approval or there is no previous sign approval? 


The information on this page intended to summarize the City’s sign regulations. Wilsonville’s Sign Regulations can be found in Sections 4.156.01 through 4.156.11 of the Wilsonville Code. The completeness of and review any application for a Sign Permit will be based on Sections 4.156.01 through 4.156.11 of the   Wilsonville Code, and any other relevant sections of Wilsonville’s Code