What type of sign are you inquiring about?

Temporary Signs.  Includes banners, yard sale signs, real estate signs, campaign signs, special event signs, etc.

Signs for Existing Buildings and Development

Signs for New Buildings and Development

Traffic Signs & Other Regulatory Signs

To report maintenance issues, such as sign damage, contact the city’s Public Works Department at 503-682-4092. For all other traffic and regulatory sign inquiries contact the city’s Engineering Division at 503-682-4960.

General Information on Submitting Sign Permit Applications

Sign permits can be submitted in person or mailed to the Planning Division. Please note all Planning fees are due with the submission of the application.

Building Permits

Building permits are generally required for freestanding signs greater than six feet tall. Please contact the Building Division at 503-682-4960 for more information.

Electrical Permits

The City of Wilsonville contracts with Clackamas County for all electrical permits, including for those properties located in Washington County. Please contact the Clackamas County Building Codes Division for assistance.
Clackamas County Building Codes Division
150 SW Beavercreek Road
Oregon City, OR  97045
Public Service Representative: 503-742-4739
Permits Technician:  503-742-4240

Codes & Regulations


The information on this page intended to summarize the City’s sign regulations. Wilsonville’s Sign Regulations can be found in Sections 4.156.01 through 4.156.11 of the Wilsonville Code. The completeness of and review any application for a sign permit will be based on Sections 4.156.01 through 4.156.11 of the Wilsonville code and any other relevant sections of Wilsonville’s code. If you have any questions, please contact the Planning Division at 503-682-4960 or