Court is held on the first and third Tuesday of each month. Daytime court is not currently available.
Arraignments begin at 5:00 p.m. and trials begin at 5:45 p.m. Cases are heard on a first come first serve basis.
Phone hours (for court nights only) are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Options other than appearing in court include:
- You may plead not-guilty and request a trial
- You may forfeit bail (and plead guilty)
- You may send a written explanation with the full bail for the judge to review
- You may appear at the municipal court department at any time during our regular business hours to take care of your citation
- You may call the Court Department and the clerk will instruct you with the procedures you will need to follow
Failure to Appear / Pay Fine
If you fail to appear on your scheduled court date and/or fail to pay the fine, procedures will be implemented to collect unsatisfied judgments. These include but are not limited to:
- Suspension of your driver’s license
- Referral of the amount unpaid to a collection agency
The Wilsonville Court is authorized to handle noncriminal offenses which mainly include those traffic infractions which are not classified under Oregon law as traffic crimes. Your first appearance before the court constitutes an arraignment.
An arraignment is a hearing in which the court advises you of your rights and informs you of the charges against you.
Entering Your Plea
The purpose of an arraignment is for you to enter your plea and thereby inform the court as to whether you plead not guilty, guilty, or no contest. For court purposes, the entry of a no contest plea will be treated as the equivalent of a guilty plea. These factors should be considered when making your plea. View more information about deciding how to plead.
Court Attendance & Guidelines
The bailiff or clerk will give you preliminary instructions at the time you check in. You will be required to go through the security check point prior to entering the court rooms. Other court rules and guidelines include:
- Security Checkpoint: All persons must enter the court area through a security checkpoint. No guns, knives, or other weapons are allowed into the court room. Click here for court security information.
- Child Care: We recommend making alternate child care arrangements if at all possible. No childcare is provided on site.
- Food and Beverages: Food and beverages are not allowed in the court area.
- Cell Phones: Cell phones and pagers must be turned off or on vibrate only. Text messaging is not permitted.
- Dress Code: Shirts, shoes, and appropriate attire are required when appearing in court. Hats are to be removed prior to entering the courtroom.
- Appropriate Court Behavior: All persons are to remain seated and keep quiet while court is in session. Newspapers, magazines, and materials unrelated to court matters may not be read while court is in session.
Persons With Disabilities
The Wilsonville Municipal Court is located on the second floor of City Hall. The elevator is located on the right-hand side of the foyer. Wheelchair accessible restrooms are located on both the first and second floor, down the hall past the elevator. Persons with disabilities who require a special accommodation to access court programs, services or activities may request the needed accommodation. Portable Assistive Listening Systems (ALS), sign language interpreter, real-time transcription, or other services are also available. Please contact the Court Office to make the necessary arrangements.
A Spanish speaking interpreter is available on court nights. To arrange for any other type of interpreter, please contact the Court Office as soon as possible.