Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
- 4:30 p.m.
- Second Thursday of January, March, April, June, August, October and December
- Unless otherwise noted, all meetings take place at the Parks and Recreation Administration Building.
- Parks and Recreation Administration Building
29600 SW Park Place
Wilsonville, OR 97070
- NOTE: Dec 8 meeting was rescheduled to January 4th, 2017 at Wilsonville City Hall at 6pm. The January 12th meeting has been cancelled.
- Council Liaison - Scott Starr
- Dave Becker
- Steve Benson
- David Davis
- Kate Johnson
- Kenneth Rice
- Elaine Swyt
View Most Recent Packet | View All Meeting Packets
Roles & Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board are to take the initiative in planning for the present and future park and recreational needs of the residents of Wilsonville and to act as a channel of communication between the general public and city government. The board also advises the City Council on any referred policy matters that pertain to parks and recreational services.
Members of the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board recommend policy and serve as a sounding board for the department administrator and staff. They are also responsible for determining how to bring the city's present recreation, park areas, and facilities up to an acceptable standard and maintain them at that level.
The board consists of up to seven members and one City Council liaison. At least five of the board members must live within Wilsonville city limits. Term length is four years, with no member holding office for more than two consecutive terms.