Business License Information

Old Town Businesses

Business License Application

The City of Wilsonville City Code 7.300 requires all businesses located in or working in the city limits to obtain a City of Wilsonville business license prior to operating a business.  This also applies to home based businesses and door to door solicitation permits.

You can download the business license application here or come to the Finance Department located on the second floor of City Hall.  If you would like an application mailed to you please contact the business license department to request an application.

Please mail your completed Business License application with a check to City of Wilsonville, Business License Department, 29799 SW Town Center Loop E., Wilsonville, OR 97070.

Solicitors are required to have a City of Wilsonville business license as well as a solicitor permit to solicit in the City of Wilsonville.  This includes all residential areas and businesses.  Solicitor applications are not available online.  Please contact Shelly Marcotte at 503-570-1586 for information.

Business License Fees

he annual license fee for each fiscal year is $100 plus $3 per each employee.  If a business has an annual net income of $12,000 or less, the annual fee is $50 plus $3 per each employee. The license fee for the period January 1 to July 1 is one-half the annual license fee. All new licenses are now being processed for Fiscal Year 18-19.

Each branch establishment of any business is considered a separate business and subject to a license. The City of Wilsonville does accept the Metro license for Building and Landscape contractors.  Please contact Shelly Marcotte at 503-570-1586 to see if you qualify to use a Metro License in the city.

Metro Regional Contractor's Business License

Instead of getting separate business licenses, you can get a single license from Metro to construct, alter, and repair structures in 20 cities that have licensing requirements in the metropolitan area. The license covers all construction trades, both commercial and residential, as well as all landscape contractors.The Metro license is optional, but it may cost less than getting a number of licenses from individual cities.

These cities will honor a Metro license: Beaverton, Cornelius, Durham, Fairview, Forest Grove, Gladstone, Gresham, Happy Valley, Hillsboro, King City, Lake Oswego, Milwaukie, Oregon City, Sherwood, Tigard, Troutdale, Tualatin, West Linn, Wilsonville and Wood Village. The City of Portland is not covered by a Metro license.

To see if you qualify for a Metro regional license, call 503-797-1620 or visit their website.  Any worked performed in the City of Wilsonville Transit District is subject to the SMART payroll and self-employment tax.