Homeowner or Resident

The City of Wilsonville is responsible for issuing building, plumbing, and mechanical heating/cooling permits. This includes reviewing plans and conducting inspections for the work allowed under these permits. Electrical permits are issued through Clackamas County. Permits are designed to help ensure that licensed contractors do the work if the homeowner does not handle the job. The issuance of permits ensures that appropriate plans have been reviewed and the resulting construction is inspected to satisfy local, state, and federal requirements to safeguard the public health, welfare, and safety. 

Building & Structural Information

Mechanical Permit
A mechanical permit is required to do the following:
  • Install or change any part of a heating or cooling system that must be vented into any kind of chimney, including unvented decorative appliances
  • Install a wood stove, fireplace insert, pellet stove, or related venting
  • Install, alter, or repair gas piping between the meter and an appliance (indoors or outdoors)
  • Install bath fans, dryer exhausts, kitchen range exhausts, and appliances that are required to be vented
Plumbing Permit
Plumbing permits (page 2) are required to do the following:
  • Replace or move a water heater
  • Alter piping inside a wall or ceiling, or beneath a floor, and for plumbing in all new installations
  • Emergency repair, alteration, or replacement of freeze-damaged or leaking concealed piping, if new piping exceeds three feet
  • Remodel or add on to your one- or two-family dwelling when existing plumbing is to be relocated. This includes installation of building sewers, water service, and exterior rain drains
For exempt ordinary minor plumbing repairs, OAR 918-780-0035.

Electrical Permit 
All electrical permitting and inspections within Wilsonville city limits are conducted by Clackamas County. Contact Clackamas County directly at 503-742-4240.